What Do BMW Warning Lights Mean?
Even on a new BMW vehicle, some Manchester drivers may encounter BMW warning lights on their dashboard. Whether these BMW dash warning lights are red or yellow, there’s no need to panic — you just need to know what they mean and what to do about it. Tulley BMW of Nashua covers BMW warning lights below!
BMW Dash Warning Lights for Maintenance
There are some BMW dashboard warning lights that have simple solutions, while others may require you to schedule service at a Lowell, MA or Westford-area BMW service center. There’s a lot to cover, so let’s get into it:
Red BMW Dash Warning Lights
- Front Safety Belt: The front passenger or the driver should secure their safety belt. There’s a separate Rear Safety Belt Off form ofBMW dashboard warning lights as well.
- Braking System: This indicates a potentially serious problem with the braking system that should be fixed by scheduling service.
- Parking Brake: This means your parking brake is on. If you are certain the parking brake isn’t on, there could be a malfunction to solve at a service center.
- Airbag/Seat Belt Tensioner: This means a safety issue, so get it solved quickly at a BMW service center.
Yellow BMW Warning Lights Meaning
These BMW dashboard warning lights signal issues or operations on some essential systems. Here is a list:
- Anti Lock Braking System: This comes on when Brake Assist applies your brakes, but it can also indicate a problem if it’s constantly on.
- Engine: This indicates an issue with your engine, its emissions, or its components. Get them checked at a service center right away.
- Steering System: This could mean that power steering isn’t working or there’s some other issue with your BMW steering system.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: A yellow light indicates that tire pressure is down by around 10%, but a red light means the tire is deflating rapidly. This could be the result of a tire tread depth problem.
- Dynamic Stability Control Off: This means Dynamic Stability Control isn’t on at the moment. If it’s constantly on, this could indicate a problem with this system.
Green BMW Warning Lights Meaning
- Auto Hold: The BMW Auto Hold system is engaged to stop and release the brakes in stop and go traffic.
- High Beam Assistant: High Beam Assistant is on to regulate the headlight beam for optimum illumination.
- Fog Lights, High Beams, and Other Light Indicators: These tell you when you’ve engaged your lights for better visibility.
- Lane Departure Warning: This means that the Lane Departure Warning safety feature is on.
- Parking Lights: You have your parking lights on (not your low beams or high beams).
- Rear Safety Belt: This light shows that the rear passenger has their safety belt on.
Other BMW Warning Lights Meanings
- Check Control: This could mean a number of different issues and you should be especially alerted if it’s on constantly.
- Service Vehicle: A yellow service vehicle light means you should schedule service; a red one means you should get your car in very, very soon.
- Light Bulb: This tells you that your service lights are out or running low. If you’re sure all your lights are working properly, get your electrical system looked at by a professional.
- Circle with Dotted Lines: This symbol tells you there’s a problem with the brake pads that should be fixed by a service expert.
- Empty or Low Fuel: This symbol indicates you have 30 miles or so before your vehicle runs out of fuel!
- Oil Can: This light tells you your oil is getting old or that there’s another problem with the oil system. Schedule maintenance right away!
- Thermometer: This signal indicates a problem with the temperature in your engine. This could be a serious problem, so get it looked at right away.
- Battery: You should get battery service if you see this rectangle with a + or – sign. .
- Exclamation Mark in Circle: If this is red, it means your brake fluid is low. If it’s yellow, it means that your Hill Assist safety feature isn’t working properly. Both should result in you getting to a service center!
Get BMW Service at Tulley BMW of Nashua!
The service center at Tulley BMW of Nashua has certified BMW technicians ready to help Nashua drivers with all their BMW service needs! FInd service specials and other service tips with us to make sure your car is in great shape! Please contact us today with any questions you may have about BMW warning lights and more!
More from Tulley BMW of Nashua
The BMW 3 Series is a popular pick with Manchester drivers, and it’s not hard to see why. Not only is the 3 Series packed to the brim with sophisticated amenities, but it is also priced competitively in the segment. The 2022 BMW 3 Series price starts at $41,450 MSRP for the base model BMW…
The 2022 BMW X7 configurations include core, M, and ALPINA models, each bringing its own unique flair to the X7 lineup. Learn more about these BMW X7 configurations, and their corresponding prices, below with Tulley BMW of Nashua. Then experience the new 2022 BMW X7 by making your way to our showroom in Nashua. X7 InventoryContact Us What…
From the available Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System to the large panoramic moonroof, the 2022 BMW X5 interior raises the bar for Manchester drivers. Long known for its luxury and style, the X5 Sports Activity Vehicle is packed with premium features and technology to elevate your daily drives to soaring new heights. Explore…