2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
What is the towing capacity of a BMW X5? The 2019 BMW X5 has 7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity, and this is supplemented by a payload capacity of up to 871 pounds. If you take home this midsize SUV BMW, towing boats, campers, and trailers will be a breeze around Lowell, MA. Learn more about BMW towing capacity and features on the X5 to find out if this luxury SUV has what you need, then contact your local authorized BMW Center to schedule a test drive!
BMW X5 Towing and Performance Specs
While the maximum towing capacity for a BMW X5 is 7,200 pounds, if you choose to use trailer brakes for safer towing, the towing capacity is up to 6,603 pounds. You also have an 8-speed automatic transmission and standard BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system, which helps with better traction and trailer stability while towing. There is a choice of two engines, which will have different payload capacities and weights:
xDrive40i 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 engine
- 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque
- 849 pounds payload capacity
- 4,813 pounds curb weight
- 6,162 pounds gross vehicle weight
xDrive50i 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine
- 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque
- 871 pounds payload capacity
- 5,170 pounds curb weight
- 6,460 pounds gross vehicle weight
BMW X5 Tow Package
The BMW X5 comes standard with trailer hitch prewiring. When you purchase a brand-new X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i, you can add an optional BMW X5 tow hitch for $550. This Class III trailer hitch boosts the X5’s maximum towing capacity to 7,200 pounds.
Planning to tow a camper or a boat off the beaten path? You’ll need the optional Off-Road Package ($3,950) for increased balance and comfort. This package adds the following features to the X5 SUV:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards offer extra protection for your X5 on the rocky or bumpy terrain around Lowell, MA and Westford.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: With this available suspension system, the vehicle can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
Additional BMW X5 Storage
Want to supplement your towing capacity? No matter which engine you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy up to 72.3 cubic feet of cargo space inside the BMW X5 with the rear seats down, and 33.9 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats up. You can even opt for a third row of seats if you want more passenger capacity, and the split power liftgate means easier access to all your cargo.
Find Your Favorite BMW X5 in Nashua!
When you are ready to take home this model to Westford, browse our inventory to find a new BMW X5 for sale at Tulley BMW of Nashua. If you are still doing your research, compare the BMW X3 vs. BMW X5 to explore more BMW SUV options.
More About BMW X5 Features
What is the towing capacity of a BMW X5? The 2019 BMW X5 has 7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity, and this is supplemented by a payload capacity of up to 871 pounds. If you take home this midsize SUV BMW, towing boats, campers, and trailers will be a breeze around Lowell, MA. Learn more about BMW…
Although the exterior of the 2019 BMW X5 is sure to gain admiring glances on the Manchester roads, it’s the BMW X5 interior that steals the show. Highlights include the advanced Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System and a larger panoramic moonroof for a clearer view of the stars. The X5 interior delivers the ideal balance of…