BMW to Offer Drivers Award-Winning MOG Music Streaming Capabilities by End of Year
Love listening to music while driving your BMW? We do, too. And, it's our dual infatuation with tunes and the blue-and-white shielded cars that makes us so excited to tell you: You're BMW driving experience is about the get a lot more pleasurable.
In an effort to elevate in-car entertainment for their drivers, BMW has entered a joint venture with MOG. For those of you not familiar with the company, MOG is an award-winning, on-demand music streaming service. Together, their ultimate goal is to offer a truly one-of-a-kind, service to new BMW buyers, by end of year.
"The partnership with MOG is another great step for BMW Apps, as we continue to listen to our customers and work to assess, develop and launch the apps they want most in a timely manner," says Paul Ferraiolo, Manager, Product Planning and Strategy, BMW North America. "The development of BMW Apps enables us to bring new features into the car with a speed that simply was not possible before."1
BMW plans to showcase the new, co-developed integrated music streaming system/app at the North American launch of the new BMW 6 Series Coupe, in Monterey California. There, people attending the show will get a valuable first-hand preview of the benefits that come with having MOG on-demand music-streaming service streamlined into state-of-the-art BMW Connected Drive technology.
New BMW Music Streaming System Features- Unlimited, ad-free streaming
- Easy search, play, repeat, and forwarding capabilities
- Smartphone compatibility for easy listening outside of Connected-Drive-equipped BMWs
- "MOG Mobius" music discovery engine - allows for instant transition between "artist-only" and mix stations featuring similar artists
- Sound-optimized 320kbps download time
- Genres (in addition to users' own hand-picked collections): New Releases, Editor's Picks, Top Charts, Featured Playlists, Custom Radio
Be sure to stay tuned to learn more. Tulley BMW, located at 147 Daniel Webster Hwy Nashua, NH 03060, is dedicated to keeping you informed.
Source: 1 http://www.autoblog.com/2011/08/25/mog-coming-to-bmw-connecteddrive/#continued